We are deeply sorry to inform the parents, family and friends of those children who have been preparing all year to receive the sacraments of Eucharist and Confirmation that these are postponed until further notice.
This postponement is due to new Government restrictions, and is outside of the jurisdiction of both the PP Fr. Ivan Tonge and the Archbishop Dermot Farrell. There is no insurance whilst the government instruction is in place.
We would strongly encourage and ask the people to lobby their TDs regarding the governments position, as this does not appears to be approved by Health and Safety guidelines as advised by Nphet and Dr. Holohan. For full Irish Independent article click here.
We would also remind our parishioners, to raise this issue with canvassers for those candidates seeking election in upcoming Dublin Bay South by-election.
Further details on the rescheduling of the Holy Communions and Confirmation dependant on the Government lifting these restrictions.